Muskegon County Airport is a public-use facility owned and operated by the County of Muskegon to meet the current and future air transportation needs of the West Michigan Lakeshore region and its citizens. It is our mission to provide a safe, efficient, and user-friendly airport through:
- Responsiveness to customer and community concerns.
- Continuous maintenance, modernization, and development of airport facilities.
- Supporting existing commercial aviation and recreational activities.
- Promoting new commercial, industrial, and aeronautical development.
- Operating as a fiscally responsible, self-sustaining operation to the greatest extent possible.
The Airport serves a wide range of aviation activities including scheduled airline service, scheduled charter flights, corporate aviation, aircraft maintenance, flight training, governmental flight activity (U.S. Coast Guard & military), charter flights, medical flights, and recreational flights.
The Airport is responsible for the management of the field, planning and development of the airport and its facilities, managing the real property assets, seeking new commercial development and/or redevelopment of existing aviation properties and business park properties, preparing and implementing the airport budget, and ensuring the safe and efficient operation of the airport.